Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm still here

Well, I'm back after a long hiatus away. It's taken me this long to get to the point where I'm doing something writing-related daily. I went through a black period where I just wanted to fall off the face of the earth. But, I needed (and still do) my job. So, I couldn't drop that. Writing ended up getting cut off completely. All of my writing work went by the way side as I dealt with this mood. The day job continues to be very stressful and is part of the reason why I stopped writing at all. I was burnt out to a crisp. I had no motivation, no inclination to write. So, I took a vacation to have fun. Kiddo and I took a family trip to California and had a blast! But, it didn't do anything to relieve my dark mood. I began looking for jobs because I felt I needed a change. Maybe I still do, but I've been reflecting and looking into myself to figure out what hapened to me. And I did. I was burnt out at the day job, which stunted my writing and I thought I was not good enough. I had to get back to the reasons why I became a therapist and a writer. While I've reached that conclusion during this period of reflection, I ve also been connecting with my spirit and with my faith in God. I was talking to Him, but not allowing myself to open my heart to let Him in. So I have been exploring my heart for the Lord and clinging to Him because I already know I can't do it alone. And I don't have to. :) So, I'm still reconnecting; still recapturing the essential reasons for my being a therapist and writer. That's all from me.

No comments: