Saturday, January 3, 2009

Starting the New Year

What a way to start the new year. I think I'm doing really well when I go out get my hair done, get a new Blackberry, and get a cheap at home phone service to save money. Well, two out of three ain't bad. Yesterday, I decided to set up the at-home phone service which had been sitting in a box on top of my dining table for a few days. I set it up and it doesn't work. I give it way more than the 15 minutes alloted for the system to work. Not! even after two hours of waiting, the thing doesn't work and messes up my internet services. Then I called three times to get the at-home service fixed only to have two calls dropped and the third person telling me I have to cal my DSL provider to do a dry loop, whatever that means. So, I call my DSL provider who tells me that the DSL won't work without a landline and I would have to cancel the DSL service once the stupid internet light is not on. No digital phone or internet for me. Then, I call the phone company to make sure that my landline service isn't cancelled. It wasn't, but I was informed that once it was cancelled by the other digital phone company, I couldn't get the service back because they don't provide services in my area anymore! What the hell?! All I wanted to do was save money, not have to shell it out! Now, I'm waiting on my cellphone with the cable company to see if I can get phone service without losing my phone number, which I've had since I was a teenager. Many moons as my mami used to say.

No comments: