Sunday, October 12, 2008

Broke Anyone?

Okay, being a single parent is hard! Not only am I dealing with the emotional aspect of breaking up, dealing with the kiddo's feelings, and dealing with the financial stuff as well. I'm working on my writing so that it can be another source of income besides the day job. I'm also doing a lot of belt tightening to avoid overspending including using coupns, eating at home and taking lunch to work. I'll also be implementing a budget for myself to get a handle on spending. We'll see how this goes for me. Skyraven Note to Writers - What are your fav money saving tips?

4 comments:

rightonmom said...

Well, no more daily lattes for me! I've also cancelled subscriptions. Believe it or not, buying in bulk at Costco has been a HUGE savior for me. I spend less on the onesie twosie pit stops at Safeway. We eat lots of spaghetti now!

Skyraven said...

Thanks for visiting Rightonmom. I don't usually spend money on breakfast. I've actually worked on a small formula. If I buy breakfast, I have to bring lunch. If I buy lunch I have to bring breakfast or eat it at home. Come back soon!

Amy Mullis said...

Sky--I hate to save money. But, *sigh* I do it all the same. I eat breakfast at home, bring my lunch to work, and cook at home most nights. No cable TV or high speed Internet. Check out books and movies from the library--although I have a bad memory, so if I don't watch it the library fines become an extra bill! I've also checked to see if I have any rich, elderly, sickly relatives but no such luck, so I guess it's back to pinching pennies.

Skyraven said...

I've been doing that. I had english muffins for breakfast from home and coffee from the job. Brought lunch just about everyday. Tomorrow there's a babyshower at work so free lunch there! :) I need to save money for my cruise, my student loans in a couple of months. Grrr. Thanks for visiting me. :)