Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I decided to check in today after meaning to do it Sunday. I've been run ragged ever since my son started summer camp. We have to be up by 6:30, out the door by 7:30 (the latest) and at the pick-up site by 7:45am. Monday through Friday. On top of that, I wasn't sleeping enough. Last Friday I crashed for thirteen hours straight. Just sleeping. I'm tired now, but I've been forcing myself to get to bed no later than 10. The exhaustion keeps my mind foggy enough not to want or be able to write. My first writing assignment for my class is due tomorrow, and I'm only halfway done with the first draft of a character sketch. It's so much harder to think when you're not well-rested. Hopefully, I'll get the draft done tonight and let it sit until tomorrow morning. Work is work is stressful is work. But, I love what I do. I just have to get a balance going between family, work and writing. :) Note to writers - How do you get it all done? Skyraven

No comments: