Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Litte Bravery

Today on a break from being lazy, I spent the last few hours enjoying family movie time. Something that I haven't done in ages, so it was way overdue. The best part - not the movies themselves, but the infectious tickling sound of my seven-year-old laughing his butt off! :) There's nothing like the happy laughter of a child to a hard-working mom. On that note, I've been trying to transfer my confidence as a mom to that of a writer. My son has helped me be stronger than I ever imagined I could be. Being single, working at a crappy job for seven years, being the mom, and going to school full-time to finish a master's. If I could do all that, what's there to stop me from fulfilling my dreams as a writer. Here's my new mantra, "If I could be a working mom, I can do anything." Note to writers - What's your mantra for writing? What gets you motivated? Skyraven

No comments: