Monday, April 28, 2008

A time to Write

I've been contemplating my writing life and how I don't live it. My current writing is limited to emails, forums, and this blog. Though I love communicating and sharing ideas with others, I'm petrified of submitting work that I KNOW is good. I know I'm not the greatest writer that ever lived, but I am a good one. I'm scared. That's it. I'm just scared. And I don't know how to make that official first step out into the world as a *gulp* writer! I thought that joining a few groups, reading some newsletters/books, and blogging would help me overcome my fear. I've even published a few pieces and have gotten great feedback on it. Heck I was paid for my writing for the first time last year! Yet, that fear clings to me and stops me. I like to share information with others. I do it all the time at work, but when I think of putting that down on paper, I freeze. A call to fellow writers/bloggers: HELP!!! :/ Skyraven

No comments: