Monday, September 24, 2007

Starting to sink in

The idea that after 7 years I'll have a new job to go to, new people to work with, and what has to be the shortest commute ever is finally beginning to take a hold of me. The excitement is building and I can't wait to get through this Sunday (six more days) to get to the new job. There are so many benefits to getting a new job in the field I love. The first thing is that I love what I'm doing and having done it for free for the last four months is enough to convince me that the move is great. I'll get to take my son to school in the mornings, work, do my volunteer hours, and get my Saturdays back. Having such a busy schedule work 8-4, four late nights, and Saturday volunteer hours was taking a toll on me. Enough that I wanted to quit everything, take a month and get lost! I took on too much and something had to give. That something was my job of 7 years. I've learned so much from that place that I can almost say I was grateful for it. Almost! :) I will say that I'll miss the friends I've made and the good times I've had. Now I'm off to make new friendships and have more good times. :) Skyraven - Burnout's a pain in the butt!!!

No comments: