Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Feeling Burnt Out

I have a weight of exhaustion on my shoulders today. I'm not feeling overwhelmed, just tired. I want my last year of grad school to be over already. I've been going to school for the last five years with only a six month break in between! Though I'm salivating for the end of this program, I also find myself wanting to slow it down so that I can enjoy it. I want to remember what it feels like to go through this deep in my bones, because I know that being "in the moment" is gone in an instant. I've also been thinking about writing instead of just doing it. I've just wanted so much to relax and veg out because I've been working so hard for so long. But, writing hasn't been coming to me. I've taken notes here and there, studied a couple of markets and printed out craigslist ads, but have written zip for the last week or so. I guess I still need more quiet time to get the juices flowing again. I should finish the fear book so that I can get over this writing stoppage (it's not a block!) :) Skyraven

No comments: