Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Cowardly Writer

I swear that every time I think of submitting my work, my friend Doubt shows up. She comes to tell me how I'm not good enough to get my writing published, how no one will want to read my work, and that it's all crap anyway. She shows up frequently when I am faced with a new challenge like volunteer work for school or speaking up for myself when I'm scared out of my mind. I've learned over the years to just tell her to shut the hell up, but when it comes to writing, it's hard. I've gotten to the point where I can jot down my ideas (everyday, just about) draft them, even find a home for them. But to send them out? Doubt comes to say, I'm going to block your way and you can't stop me. I've decided to pick up Doubt and throw her bodily about ten feet away from me. I just sent in a greeting card submission. She'll just have to try to get in my way again so I can shove her aside. :) Skyraven (A bit braver!)

No comments: