Thursday, August 30, 2007

Courage Rising

Throughout the day, I've been challenged to stand up for what I believe in; better policies and procedures at work, ways to better family time, and to write what I want to write and force myself to publish my work. Fear freezes me in place every once in awhile, to the point where I'm writing daily without making an effort to send my writing out to be published. That said, I also have to acknowledge that we all have fears that keep us from our goals, but we should get back to the things that we are passionate about. By looking at my passions, I am reminded of the things I want out of life, the desire for those things much bigger than my fear of rejection. Problem is, that fear has been with me since childhood, keeping me in a cycle of self-loathing and self-doubt. I've gotten past the self-loathing by appreciating myself everyday. But, self-doubt is my challenge and my fear. What if my writing isn't good enough? What will people see in my writing? What will they see about me? They'll only see what I let them see and writing about things I'm passionate and knowlegable about will get me past all of those nagging questions. I've also reminded myself today that I have plenty to offer and share with the world. So, I sent out three emails regarding my writing. Regardless of the responses I get, I'm happy with being brave enough to send them at all. :) Skyraven Note to writers: Passion trumps fear every time!

No comments: