Monday, July 30, 2007

Manic Monday

Today was a crazy day. Not with work, but with home, writing, and volunteer work. My regular job doesn't cause me stress anymore because I can do it with my eyes shut which leaves me time to reflect on my writing. I realized that I have waaaay too many incomplete projects and ideas that I can develop further into articles, essays, books, etc. I've been brainstorming too much, light bulb going off every other day without me making much headway to getting another piece published! I just haven't been using the B.I.C. principle - put Butt In Chair and write. Not just brainstorm or draft! And this on the eve of my first poem being published. One would think that after getting my first paying gig ever would be enough to light a fire you-know-where and get me going. Hopefully, today's analysis of my writing life will be enough motivation for me to keep things going. :) Volunteer work is going really well and I continue to be thrown to the wolves every time there is an emergency. But, that's what happens when you're the rookie! As for home, my biggest concern right now is what to put in the tummy. Skyraven

No comments: